Sunday, January 1, 2012

I will go and get more abuk sabuk breakfast mummy...

If you want to have breakfast after 10.00, you are pushing it. I wake up for Nick, but in Kitty's room. Then I go to our room, and exchange morning niceties with Nick. When he goes to work I go back to Kitty's room and wake her up 9.00ish to drag her to breakfast area. It is downstairs.  10 or so tables, open buffet style. On the left there are  three types of cheese triangles. Doughnuts, cream and chocolate button filled little rolled pancakes. Then mueslies,  cucumbers, side by side  Indian flat breads. Then mushroom filled devilled eggs, sprouted beans and beef stew. On the other corner papaya , water melon and kiwi slices. Shot glasses filled with dense pink green and white substances.  White bread? Ask for toast. Tea? will be served at the table. ( not a pot. ) I try everything a little bit. But there is a limit. I am not going to have beef stew, nor baked beans or bacon this morning.  Devilled eggs are eyeing me. I settle in for tea, fruits and toast and cheese, and olives and the pink thing in the  shot glass. Oh and the fruit juice is watermelon juice. If I have that I do not need to go to Ayurvedik colon cleansing class. Today I am going to have tea.
 Kitty? Kitty is having doughnuts, sweet pancakes, sweet everything. 'Go and have something proper' I say. It is so boring to have cornflakes when you can have anything and everything on the menu.  She steals my olives and water melon.  I want to miss lunch. I can not face the hassle of choosing food from the lunch menu today. Whatever we eat does not resemble anything we have had before. Nothing tastes similar, almost everything is a bit disappointing. Piri piri steak burger is minced chicken patty.  penne pasta has a lovely Indian perfume taste. So have big breakfast.  'I will go and get more abuk sabuk breakfast mummy' she says. We settle for water melon slices.
 I did not have my camera with me. I will have to take photos of the little butter tabs.  They have a picture of a cartoon girl with a butter knife.They are  the same level of 'kithch'ness  with the new telephones we bought. My telephone is so blue, so light so artificial. It is almost a blue toy mobile with silly ring tone which says 'hello, may I hep you?' , 'i love you', 'i love you' 'i love you' in that toy voice.
 I call Nick between the papaya slices and the cold toast. His voice is calm, business like. I want to say 'hello, may i hep you?' but stop myself. He is at the office. He has his serious hat on.  There are birds shrieking around us. Scary ravens, noisy magpies, pigeons with their soothing coos. Time to go to the room.
 PS: The little pink mush in the shot glasses are yogurts. Very sweet , very.

No comments:

Post a Comment