Friday, January 13, 2012

reflections for a Haiku from Kitty

  This is from Kitty:

'Whitecaps on the bay:
A broken signboard banging
In the April wind.

Richard Wright

The poem I have chosen to write about is the Haiku about the sea side. When I read this poem it reminds me of the English sea side because “A broken signboard banging” is just like to have an old sign on the top of the sand banks from many years ago. The poem brings back memories from when I went to the sea side with my family and friends, picking up pebbles on the coble beach then painting them when I got home and trying to find good sand to make a sturdy sandcastle.
I utterly understand the line “In the April wind.” because when you are on the beach a crisp sharp wind blows onto your face and it feels like it is cutting your face and you wished that you had remembered to put on a scarf. Where it says “Whitecaps on the bay” is when the waves are coming in and I used to play a game when you have to run as close as you can to the sea then run away when a wave comes in then getting wet and then having a warm fish and chips.
That is why I like Richard Wright’s Haiku because although it is only three lines long it captures the scene perfectly and I think for anyone who lives along the coast of England or has been to the English coast knows exactly what the poem is about.'
 She wrote this for  homework, she must be missing home.




No comments:

Post a Comment